Friday, September 13, 2013

Red-Tailed Hawk

Still no barn time this week, which is a bummer. I've been stuck at work most days, but will be getting some Abbey time tonight hopefully!

I will say that while I am at work the view is pretty nice, other than the enormous new office building under construction that now disrupts my view of the sky. The benefit of having four huge windows in my "office" overlooking a green space is the opportunity to see some fun wildlife. Most of the time it's the garden variety of rabbits, squirrels, songbirds, and suburbanites trespassing from the neighborhood behind the office to walk to the YMCA across the street (a HUGE pet peeve of mine, since they walk right right by me sitting at my desk about three feet away, staring in at me. F-ing creepy and strange. Maybe I should do that at their houses...)

In spite of the huge crane and superhighway of gym rats, occasionally we are treated to a special visitor, the red-tailed hawk. The wingspan is massive, and their beauty unparalleled. I got really lucky today with a pretty awesome shot out the side door as our visitor pounced on a mouse or a mole and flew off into the brush. It was taken with a low-end work camera, but the action in the shot is perfect. Not a bad day at the office.

Lunch!


1 comment: